The defineition of insanity:
NOT KNOWING YOUR OWN MIND.
Unfortunately, that seems to be most of the content of this blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

violin troubles: solved?

Well, we took the violin to the violin repairer guy, Kim, on Tuesday. He looked it over and said that the last person who rebuilt it did not do a very good job, and that the angle of the neck was off. (grrrrrr [luckly, it's not that big of a deal]). He also said it could be about 75-80 years old! Well anyway, he did something to the bridge (not sure what) and put a new fine-tuner on it (not sure why [sorry if the terminology doesn't make sense]). And since the tuning pegs were slipping, he put some "peg dope" on them, which really helped. I can actually tune the 'A' string now! WOOT! :D I think the only thing left to do is replace the tuning pegs, which we will do in the summer, when I'm not playing as much.



Peace favour you.

No comments: